Athens is such a wonderful city to call home. It is also a wonderful place to visit. I know this because I was a visitor first before becoming a resident. I also have family that come to visit, and always take a bit of Athens back home with them.
What makes Athens and Limestone County such an inviting place? It’s the people who live here, of course! Athens opens its arms wide to welcome visitors from near and far, and the warmth is tangible.
It takes good people, volunteers, and many hours of time to produce the quality of life that is available here. It is a quality that attracts visitors to come and see what it is that we love about the South.
Every time you turn around, there is something going on in Athens and Limestone County! It surprises me to hear anyone say “there’s nothing to do in Athens.” WHAT? There is barely a weekend that goes by that isn’t offering something to do, see, or hear.
There is so much going on that it’s often hard to keep track of it all! KALB hopes that we have created a solution.
Last Spring, we had our first Paws For The Environment Pet Photo Contest. Twelve winners were selected by the top number of paid votes received by each dog. Those dogs earned a place in KALB’s first Paws For The Environment 2017 Calendar.
So what makes this calendar so special?
Our calendar is unique. It was designed to be a useful tool. Here are some of what our calendar includes:
• Pictures of some of the cutest dogs in the Athens-Limestone area! Included with each picture is a story of how these dogs met and won the hearts of their humans.
• Many local annual events are already included and highlighted on the calendar, so you won’t miss them.
• Two pages of valuable coupons to local restaurants and businesses are included.
• You will find useful information about your local, non-profit recycling center.
• Of course, we’ve included information about KALB and some service we provide that you may not have known about.
• On the inside back cover, you will find a list of important telephone number for city, county, and other services and organizations that you will have at your fingertips.
Proceeds from calendar sales support projects and programs of Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful. Fundraisers are a necessity to raise nearly $40,000 of our $70,000 budget for the fiscal year. Our budget is small, and we run a tight ship. That $70,000 includes salaries, utilities, office supplies, insurances, projects, programs, and more. We are proud of our fiscal responsibility with your support and donations.
Where to Purchase Calendars
Calendars are $15 each and will be available at the Fiddlers Convention at the KALB tent. They are also available at the KALB office at 125 East St. across from the duck pond. You may also see them at other locations around Athens.
Anyone who lives, works, or plays in Athens will appreciate all that this unique calendar offers. Please consider them for Christmas gifts for your family, friends, co-workers, or employees.
For more information, call or email the KALB office. We are here to serve.
By: Lynne Hart