KALB is very grateful to all who participated in our very first Duck Decorating Contest last year! We were overwhelmed by the participation which helped us raise nearly $2,000 to support our programs and projects.
All businesses. organizations, and individuals in Athens-Limestone County are invited to participate in KALB’s 2nd Annual QUACKY DUCK DECORATING CONTEST to support KALB.
There is no up front costs to adopt a duck to decorate.
Guidelines for Participation
- KALB will supply a wooden duck to any business, organization, or individual in Limestone County wishing to participate once a registration form is received. See links to printable and online registration forms below.
- We encourage participants to incorporate the theme “Athens Bicentennial: 200 Years of Duck Tales” in their creation; however, this will not be a firm requirement. We do require that all decorations be tasteful.
- Ducks may be painted and/or embellished in any way, as long as the duck footprint is no larger than 18″x18″.
- Although not a requirement, participants are encouraged to attach items of value to their ducks to increase interest in the purchase of raffle tickets to win ducks.
- Ducks should be completed no later than Monday, October 15, 2018 and should be displayed in a business or other public location where raffle tickets can be sold. Ducks may be displayed prior to that date. KALB will provide raffle tickets, instructions and publicity for the ducks. If you do not have a location to display your duck, it can be displayed at the KALB office.
- Ducks can be brought to the KALB office (or collected by KALB) on Monday, November 12th to prepare for display during the Chamber of Commerce Christmas Open House where additional raffle tickets will be sold.
- The winner of “Most Wanted – People’s Choice” ribbon will be awarded to the duck raising the most money in ticket sales. Judges will be selected to choose the winner of “Best Decorated Duck – Judges’ Choice”. Winners will be announced following the Christmas Open House.
2018 Duck Decorating Contest Guidelines – Printable
Printable Registration Form – Printable
Online Raffle Ticket Purchase
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE STEPS.
1. Select the number of tickets you wish to purchase from the drop-down menu. You will have an opportunity to increase quantity AFTER you add to cart.
2. Enter your phone number to be used should you win!
3. Enter instructions on how you want your tickets distributed by listing each duck number and the number of tickets you want placed in that duck’s raffle jar. You may distribute your tickets amongst multiple ducks if you wish. Instructions must be clear.
4. Click “Add to Cart”. Then you will have the option of increasing your purchase, should you wish to adopt multiple tickets or packs.
5. You may then log into Paypal (if you have an account), or select “Pay With Debit or Credit Card”.