Your artwork could be on KALB’s next Earth Day T-Shirt
Thanks to our sponsor, WOW!, a contest will be held to design this year’s Earth Day T-Shirts to be sold at KALB’s Earth Day & Outdoor EXPO on April 28th. All entries will be displayed at High Cotton Arts prior to the Earth Day event.
- Grand Prize: Design to be on Earth Day t-shirts, framed t-shirt, and $100 in art supplies for winning student’s teacher.
- Contest Categories: Grades 5-6 Grades 7-8 Grades 9-12
- Awards in each Category:
- 1st Place: 6 art lessons winner’s choice at High Cotton Arts ($120 value)
- 2nd Place: 4 art lessons winner’s choice at High Cotton Arts ($120 value)
- 3rd Place: 2 art lessons winner’s choice at High Cotton Arts ($60 value)
- Theme: All designs should reflect an Earth Day theme. This can include the world around us, wildlife, sustainability, or any other theme reflecting this great planet Earth. Art may include a tagline; however, it should be separate from the artwork.
- Originality: Artists must create all work submitted.
- Selection: A jury will select the top three winners in each grade category as listed. There will be 9 finalists, three from each grade range who will receive the prizes as listed above. The Grand Prize Winner will receive their design on the 2018 Earth Day T-shirt along with their own shirt framed and $100 in art supplies for the winning art teacher.
- Winning entries must meet the theme criteria to be guaranteed placement on Earth Day shirts. If entries are not representative of the theme, KALB reserves the right to use a design outside of this contest.
- Keep in mind art will be transferred to a t-shirt and intricate detail may not show up as well once the image is on the shirt. Clean lines and limited number of colors work best for this purpose and will be considered when choosing winners as we want your artwork to be the focus of the t-shirt and clearly distinguished.
- Keep Athens-Limestone Beautiful reserves the right to withdraw entries deemed inappropriate for children or entries that do not fit the theme. KALB also reserve the right to use any artwork submitted for the purposes of Earth Day T-shirts or for any other purpose related to the mission of KALB.
- Publicity: Artists who submit an entry are authorizing organizers to publicize artwork and artist’s name through social media and news media.
- Entry Deadline: All entries must be submitted in good condition no later than MARCH 16, 2018 to one of the following locations: KALB Office – 256-233-8000 (125 East Street), High Cotton Arts during business hours – 256-232-7717. KALB can pick up artwork at your school office; however, arrangements must be made in advance. No entries will be accepted electronically.
- It is the artist’s responsibility to retrieve artwork from the KALB office during regular business hours – M-F 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Any artwork not picked up by May 4, 2018, becomes the property of KALB.